Suramya's Blog : Welcome to my crazy life…

November 29, 2005

My Thanksgiving Weekend

Filed under: My Life — Suramya @ 1:25 AM

This Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, I visited my cousin Ashish and his wife Sheng in Minneapolis. I left for their place on Thursday (24th) and got there in the evening after three hours of an unevenful flight. The best part was that this time I wasn’t selected for the ‘random’ special screening so the security check was quick.

After I got there we watched the movie Hercules which was fun especially since I was watching it with my niece (Lydia) and Nephew (Aryan). I caught the last half hour of the movie which wasn’t that big a deal as I have already seen the movie multiple times. After that we talked for a little while and then started another movie (Salam Namaste) which was surprisingly decent. As some of you might know I am not a big hindi movie fan but during this trip I watched more hindi movies than what I had watched in the past year. Since I watched so many of them I am a bit fuzzy on what day I watched what… but I did see: Satte pe Satta, Angoor, DDLJ, Banti Aur Babli, Hum Saath Saath Hai.

NEways, On friday went shopping with Sheng and the kids (I got a DVD Writer, an RC plane and a Music system for my car), talked a lot and I played with the kids. Bhaiya cooked an awesome lunch and Sheng made Naan for us. They tasted great as long as you didn’t let them cool, after which they turned into a rock hard rubbery substance that is great excersise for your teeth. 😉

Then at night I decorated my first Christmas tree. I have seen Christmas tree’s before and I have celebrated christmas before but this was the first time I got to decorate the tree. It was fun with both Lidya and Aryan helping me and Sheng. (Surabhi and Vinit watched… After Vinit found the 4th leg of the tree… and Surabhi ‘sorted’ the branches.) We did take pictures and I will post them here once I manage to get a copy of them from Vinit.

Vinit and Surabhi left on Saturday morning to come back to NJ while I stayed back. After breakfast all of us (Me, Bhaiya, Sheng, Lidya and Aryan) spent the morning sledding even though there was only about an inch of snow on the ground. Still it was a lot of fun and it would have been a lot better if I had snow boots instead of formal shoes. I fell too many times because of that. After me and Sheng froze our toes (Bhaiya, Lidya and Aryan were wearing propper snow boots) we came back inside and had ice-cream 🙂 [Yes I know its crazy but it sure tasted good 🙂 🙂 ]

At night Sheng’s brother’s came over to baby sit so that we could go to Jen’s (?) birthday party. It was held in a bar called the ‘The Wild Onion’ in downtown St Paul. It was fun though the crowd was a bit older than what you would find in a NY club/bar with most people in their late 20’s/early 30’s. They were playing some really good music and it was fun dancing. We left at about 1 am and then got a really early breakfast at some place (Can’t remember the name… I was a bit buzzed at the time), got home at 2:30 am and crashed.

None of us wanted to get out of the bed on Sunday as we had stayed up late but after we finally dragged ourselves out of bed and had breakfast, Sheng went to finish some work while me, Ashish bhaiya, Lidya and Aryan went to Chucky Cheese and spent most of the afternoon over there playing games and generally having fun. After we all we tired of video games we went to downtown Minneapolis to see the ‘Children’s Museum’. I must admit it was a lot different than what I was expecting it to be and it was a lot of fun.

Then at 5 we drove back home. Then Sheng and Bhaiya decided to take advantage of me being there and went off for a romantic dinner alone while I stayed home to baby sit the kids. It was an interesting experience… I was the first time I was baby sitting and it was fun. Me and Lidya cooked, (ok ok we made scrambled eggs but that still counts as cooking) and we had a lot of fun doing it. Lidya managed to put egg shell’s in my eggs and too much salt in her portion while I forgot to put salt in mine. Thankfully we didn’t set the house on fire while cooking. Aryan was a sweetheart and helped the both of us. We ate dinner while watching a movie and then went to sleep.

On Monday we decided to goto the Mall of America after having lunch at the cheese cake factory and it was an interesting experience. That place is huge, unfortunately we didn’t have a lot of time to explore it because I had a flight to catch but still it was fun. Then I had to say goodbye and catch my flight back to NJ and I got here at 10 pm. Couldn’t sleep after I got back so watched a couple of movies then crashed.

So that was my thanksgiving weekend. Wish I could do it again soon.

Well this is all for now. Will post more later.

– Suramya

1 Comment »

  1. woohooo!!! NJIT!!!

    spread the word!! 😀

    Comment by Arjun Krishna — December 2, 2005 @ 11:45 PM

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress