Suramya's Blog : Welcome to my crazy life…

December 10, 2007

Gaurang’s wedding

Filed under: My Life — Suramya @ 12:56 PM

This week I attended Gaurang’s wedding. The actual wedding was on the 8th but I was there from the 4th onwards (with a brief trip back on the 5th). I got there early in the morning on the 6th and then spent most of the day helping with the wedding preparations. Actually most of it was just receiving people and dropping them at the various messes. Also spent some time preparing the schedule and welcome package with Aunty and Uncle.

In the night Gaurang’s Cousins and friends had arrived so we spent a lot of time eating/drinking and talking. It was a lot of fun. I got a lot of good blackmail photos. We were regularly going to bed at ~4:30 – 5:00am. Thats why the mornings were usually a blur. 😉

On 7th it was the Sangeet which we had to attend in Gurguan. We were supposed to reach there at 6:30 pm but due to the late arrival of people and random delays we only managed to get there at 7:45 pm. We had hired two buses to get there as there were ~50 of us going. Once we got there all the tika’s an the puja’s etc happened. Kunal and his mausi made Gaurang eat one laddu each (the entire thing at once). After that his mom hid the Laddu packet otherwise everyone would have fed him one each.

Kangan looked nice. I took a lot of photos and videos (~1.1 GB) and this time for a surprise I have posted them online also. 🙂 Well, the video’s are not yet up as I still have to figure out how I want to handle it, but the pics are up.

After all the jazz was over everyone headed out to the dance floor which Kangan and Gaurang opened. We then danced till 11 pm after which Kangan and Gaurang had the last dance to a very slow song.

Got back to Delhi at 1 am, helped Gaurang a bit with packing and then crashed. At 4 am Viraj, Shantanu and the rest arrived so they woke the both of us up. So talked for a while before crashing at 5 am.

On the wedding day we made sure we were on time and got there at 5:30 pm as promised. It helped that we were staying a 5 min walk from the auditorium. The whole thing lasted till 11:00 – 11:30 pm and by 12 everyone was out. There was a bit of a mixup with the rooms as the road to the Infantry hostel was completely blocked off so five people couldn’t get to their rooms. They had to be adjusted in other rooms. So me and Gurunathan uncle spent some time to dropping people off in their rooms. After everyone was safely in their rooms me and Natasha left (I had promised to drop her off) and I made it home about 2 am.

Over all it was a great wedding. I enjoyed a lot. I could have filled a couple of pages with the stuff I did at the wedding but I am too lazy to type it all out. So you will have to be satisfied with this.

Well this is all for now. Will post more later.

– Suramya

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress